Monday, September 2, 2013

First day of school

I remember myself as a student every first day of school.  I would wake up in the morning for the first few days with butterflies in my stomach.  The duration lessened as I went into college.  But I was always anxious.  Today is my eldest's first day, but he didn't have to go through the same anxiety I had.  For him, it's just another day at home with loved ones.  It was me, who had a little anxiety last night.  Of course, I was wishing it would be the perfect 1st homeschool day.   So I limited ourselves to just letter practice, counting with Math U See, music, and story time.  But we did take the whole morning because it wasn't as different from his usual day either in the sense that I had to ask him several times to finish the task.  But as I was doing so, I would repeatedly tell myself that it's really about training him for things such as obedience, diligence, and attentiveness.

And so it went okay.  We're a little off with the schedule, but basically, we stuck with the lesson plan.  I just have to remind myself everyday, otherwise put up a DIY poster, about building, and not breaking my child, and to have the attitude that would encourage him to develop a love of learning, and not a homeschool burn out, and of course, to prioritize on lessons that will make him become a better human, and not a walking encyclopedia.

Keep it gentle & loving.  Here's to a smooth sailing... cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment